This 11.5 acre site sits in a bowl-shaped property along a curving portion of St. Mary's Road approximately 2.5 miles south of downtown. The site boasts oak and buckeye trees. Little League uses the two baseball fields mainly during the baseball season, under a lease with the City. There is a plaza and a concession / restroom building behind the fields near the highway. A number of community groups use the Meeting house. The paved parking lot makes use of year round. Because of the position there is actually no access for bicycles and pedestrians.
You can see baseball fields (with backstops, grass infields, bleachers, scoreboards), soccer field for juniors, batting cages, meeting room, picnic area, bathrooms, plaza area, concession stand and paved parking.
Buckeye Field is a great place to be. The envy of nearby communities is its manicured playing surface, ideal weather and a picturesque atmosphere. Still, none of those qualities make it unique. It's remarkable because this is the place where the group meets to teach our kids and enjoy the company of each other. It is here where people teach them how to compete with honesty, how to turn frustration into strength, how to exhibit bravery and dedication in the face of adversity, and that teamwork is important to true achievement.
One of City of Lafayette's busiest areas. Here's the place the best baseball teams are competing. It's nice to spend time here with your grandchildren during the baseball junior league season.
How to go to Buckeye Fields from North Bound in Lafayette from Highway 24:
- Take exit Oak Hill Rd to Lafayette Central-go 0.2 mi.
- Turn right on Oak Hill Rd-go around 0.1 mi.
- Turn left at the Blvd at Mt Diablo-go 0.1 mi.
- Turn right on Moraga Rd-go around 0.4 mi.
- Turn right on St Marys Rd-go 1.3 mi.
- Turn right into the parking lot at Buckeye Fields.
How to go to Buckeye Fields from Lafayette Highway 24 West bound:
- Take the exit to Mt. Diablo Blvd. at Pleasant Hill Rd through the loop back under the freeway to go south.
- At the Olympic Blvd, turn right.
- At Reliez Station Rd turn left-go 0.5 mi.
- Continue on Dr-go 0.6 mi.
- At St Marys Rd turn right-go 0.3 mi.
- Turn left into a parking lot at Buckeye Fields.
Buckeye Field is located in a very pleasant neighborhood surrounded by beautiful homes.The Field is really well kept, clean, 2 fields, toilets, a store where you can buy your drinks, popcorn, hotdogs, and candy. Buckeye has plenty of gorgeous trees and an incredibly spacious car parking area.
This amazing landmark is located near the following amazing site in Lafayette, California:
- Elam and Margaret Brown Plaza
- East Bay Municipal Utility District Lafayette Reservoir
- Lafayette Community Center
- Lafayette Community Park
- Buckeye Fields
- Leigh Creekside Park
- Brook Street Park
- Dinosaur Hill Park
All of these wonderful parks are located just a short distance from our location, conveniently located just down the freeway at 1261 Locust St, Walnut Creek! Stop by for a visit anytime!