In 1983 the City purchased the Community Center from the board of Lafayette Elementary School. It was a former high school in Burton. The Community Center has 10 rooms that are of varying sizes and are used for a variety of recreational purposes. Definitions include courses, special gatherings, seminars, and meetings for all ages. Any of the rooms can be reserved on the weekends by the general public.
The primary purpose of the Community Center is to house ongoing services and meetings of the City. We depend on one-time tenants to leave the facility clean and without disruption to the many users of the facility that will follow. Rental policies and guidelines have been established to remind us of the safety and maintenance of the Community Center. As a municipally owned property, we have taken great care to ensure that no claims are made against the City that could result in the Community Center losing all of the City's run programs.
Here are the facilities you can check:
- Live Oak Room facilities: Sleeps 225 people. Adjacent to this room is the kitchen.
- Jennifer Russell Building: sleeps 240 people. No kitchen is adjacent to this room but if open, the Live Oak Kitchen can be rented.
- Sequoia Room: Sleeps 50 people. Carpeted base, and gas chimney. (No food or drinks allowed) Arts & Crafts Room: Sleeps 45 people. Floor with linoleum, screen and shower.
- Kitchen: Equipped with refrigerator, freezer, icemaker, microwave, coffee pots, stove, ovens, sinks and counters. No utensils available to prepare or to eat.
- Community Park 480 St. Mary's Road Family Picnic area Tot Playground Restrooms Petanque Court Two sports fields (Baseball & Soccer)
- Buckeye Fields 711 Saint Mary's Road Baseball fields (with backstops, grass infields, bleachers, scoreboards) Junior soccer field Batting cages Meeting room Picnic area Bathrooms Plaza Concession stand Paved parking space
Here the workers are fantastic, very attentive and supportive and even when they call them. In the remote instance of any inconsistencies, difficulties or misunderstandings, they go out of their way to explain explicitly the rules of the park and the procedure to follow.
They require food vendors to sell instead of using their own kitchen plus we can use the supplied bar to sell our own drinks. It was a fantastic place. Moreover, the remainder of the building is perfect for family events. It was pretty good, clean and modern. And, they've got decent lighting. They've got a good outdoor playground for younger children. The place is a beautiful reception spot. It's also a great place to workout.
This amazing landmark is located near the following amazing site in Lafayette, California:
- Elam and Margaret Brown Plaza
- East Bay Municipal Utility District Lafayette Reservoir
- Lafayette Community Center
- Lafayette Community Park
- Buckeye Fields
- Leigh Creekside Park
- Brook Street Park
- Dinosaur Hill Park
All of these wonderful parks are located just a short distance from our location, conveniently located just down the freeway at 1261 Locust St, Walnut Creek! Stop by for a visit anytime!