A call answering service for doctors is often called a medical answering service. No matter how large or small your medical, dental, or hospital profession is, medical answering services will help you a lot.
When the incoming calls are handled by a reputable licensed ambulance provider, your team will concentrate on what matters most: your customers.
A reliable answering service is critical in the medical field. Doctors must have reliable care, from making the right diagnosis to administering the appropriate drug. As a care provider, you should expect the same high degree of expertise from those who interact with your patients.
According to studies, 90% of people who are dissatisfied with their experience at a business will not return. As a result, when it comes to reception facilities, you need the most dependable staff available.
Medical answering services handle all of your incoming calls to your practice with a high level of customer service and attention to detail.
A medical answering service can also ensure that you’re meeting Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards for protecting client information.
They can free up the time of your in-office staff, save you money on hiring a full time on-site receptionist and make your patients feel valued.
This is how it works:
1. Incoming calls to a doctor’s private practice are directed to live receptionists on the other end of the line, who welcome callers with the practitioner’s name.
- Allow your office employees to transfer calls to your answering service during the day, allowing them to concentrate on what's going on in your office and with the patients in your waiting and exam rooms.
- Through offloading the distraction of a ringing phone to your answering service, your team would be more efficient and better able to listen to patient needs.
- Virtual receptionists may be qualified to answer simple patient care requests, such as working hours or location details, that medical practices get.
- Receptionists may also be taught to schedule incoming patients, distribute new patient records, and route 911 calls to the appropriate parties.
- Your automated receptionist will forward calls (or relevant messages) to the main office line, a practitioner's mobile phone or pager number, an email address, or a text number when callers try to contact someone in your office.
2. Nurse Answering Service
- Not only do your front-desk employees get a barrage of phone calls, but so do your nurses.
- Though these calls are often in response to a patient's expressed request, they do so at the expense of the nurses' primary duty of caring for patients in your workplace, laboratory, or hospital.
- Did you know that skilled medical answering systems will even assist you with this?
- When these calls reach the answering machine, they can identify those who need the assistance of a credentialed nurse and route them to a care professional who can discuss the callers' questions.
- Nurse triage will range from providing over-the-counter medications to referring the patient to the emergency room, and everything in between.
- The key is that this determination should be made by qualified medical practitioners using agreed medical triage procedures. To see if the medical answering service offers this service, contact them.
A medical answering service will help the medical practice in so many ways that hiring one is almost a no-brainer. You can't afford not to use a competent medical answering service if you think for your patients, your practice's integrity, and your bottom line.
Can a doctor's answering service assist you in providing better service to your patients? Learn what a doctors' answering service can do for you if you're not positive. And if these seem to be the outcomes that would make a difference for your business, you can start by selecting the best answering service.
When your office is closed, a medical answering service is more than just someone who answers the phone. Yes, they'll do it, but they're still capable of a lot more.
Does Your Business Need a Reliable Virtual Receptionist?
Reliable Receptionist helps small to mid-sized businesses enhance their professional image, improve customer service, manage workload and convert callers to become loyal clients. At Reliable Receptionist, we not only provide simple answering services but you can be confident your company’s incoming calls will be immediately answered by one of up to five trained representatives assigned to your account. Our off-site receptionists are professionally ready to answer questions about your business, provide directions, capture critical lead information, schedule appointments, and forward calls to the appropriate department depending on your set guidelines. One of the many advantages of using an off-site receptionist with advanced call handling technology is that your calls can be privately announced and seamlessly connected to you in real-time on any phone number. Many of our clients provide multiple connecting numbers for us so we always have the best way to reach you. Let's Work Together! For more information or to request a quote and free demonstration, send us a message or call us today at (925) 627-4200.