Recently, the team at Reliable Receptionist expressed an interest in giving back. With a strong desire to help, but limited resources to do so our employees discovered that their dollars would go quite a bit farther if they were spent in a developing country. Reliable Receptionist Founder and President, Victor Mataraso knew of a worthy charitable cause that would allow them to do just that.
Victor’s first cousin, Eve Horowitz, has been working for more than a decade to support underprivileged children in Honduras. She began visiting Honduras in 1992 and initially considered sponsoring a child as a learning experience for her own two kids. As she learned more about neglected children in Honduras, it soon became a larger mission as she realized how her actions and support could create immediate, tangible improvement in their lives. Eve now works coordinating international volunteers and on development for the organization HondurasChildren.org.
Victor proposed the idea of sponsoring a Honduran child to the team at Reliable Receptionist. The team was quick to respond with a resounding YES! Our entire team including Receptionists Angela, Julia, Livia and Mallory along with Account Coordinator Josh and Victor himself agreed to contribute monthly to sponsor a child through HondurasChildren.org. Our contribution will help feed, educate and equip a child to build a future free from poverty.
Reliable Receptionist supports the mission and values that drive Honduras Children as outlined below:
- We want our children to make good choices, so we help them distinguish between fact, opinion, interpretation, and judgment.
- We encourage creative problem solving – – so we inspire children to use their imaginations.
- We support our children as critical thinkers, so we invite them to ask questions and evaluate potential answers.
- We expect our children to become engaged citizens – – so we hold them accountable for their actions.
- We wish for our children to live in a peaceful world, so we model solving conflicts without violence.
- If you would like to learn more or get involved with supporting the children of Honduras, please visit their website at www.HondurasChildren.org.